Friday, June 02, 2006

Fully Devoted

[from my personal journal, November 27, 2003]

"But My name is honored by people of other nations from morning 'til night. All around the world they offer sweet incense and pure offerings in honor of My name."
~ Malachi 1:11


This struck me, because it's true. I'm picturing those that worship Buddha or Mohamed, etc (not God Almighty), but still ... these people are often-times so much more... faithful? Would that be the right word? They spend so much more time honoring their gods than we Christians do God Almighty. I've seen (on T.V.) Buddhists who have their little shrines in their homes, and they kneel down morning and night to worship.

Obviously idol-worship (what they're doing) is wrong, but their heart seems to be in the right place. Their devotion to their god is genuine, heartfelt, and deep.

I want to be that devoted!

No comments: