Thursday, June 15, 2006

Da Vinci Code movie... review

Well, last Friday my sister and I went to see The Da Vinci Code in the theatre... and I was disappointed.

It really wasn't as great as they'd hyped it up to be (I should've paid more mind to the reviews on the RottenTomatoes site, eh?), and they've changed a LOT from the book. That was frustrating.

Also, I went in there thinking that the whole "Jesus-married-Mary-Magdalene-&-had-a-kid" thing wouldn't bother me 'cause I've read the book twice, and I don't believe the lies ... but, as it turns out, reading it in a book, and hearing it proclaimed on the big-screen are two different things, entirely. I cringed at every mention of the heretical nonsense! :-(

I think most of my cringing came from actually witnessing this heresy being spread to other people's ears... Will they believe the lies told about my Lord? Will they be mislead?

...and then my heart ached!

I spent a lot of the movie praying that God would protect the others in the theatre with me from believing the lies. I prayed that they'd know the Truth. :-?

Do I regret going? No, not really. It was a thriller, and I like thrillers. And, I had to *see* what I'd read, ya know? (I think it's cool to be able to picture the story with more than just the minds'-eye). But, I am also, as I said, disappointed that it wasn't better. :-? Ah well.

1 comment:

Andy said...

Y'know, I find a certain "divine" justice, if you will, in the horrible reviews of the film by all the critics. I looked at the Tomatometer as well, and frankly was pleasantly surprised when the approval percentages were as low as they were.

I'll just wait for it to come out on DVD and rent from Netflix...