Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Spiritual Gifts... Again

Well, I thought I had things all figured out. But now I'm not so sure...

This morning I sat down to read my Bible, and I was just going to open it at random and start reading. But, when I opened it, I found the little brochure that has the "Bible-in-one-Year" verses, so I chose to read today's selection: Deuteronomy 34:1-12.

And, you can imagine how stunned I was when I read verse 9:

"Now Joshua son of Nun was full of the spirit of wisdom, for Moses had laid his hands on him. So the people of Israel obeyed him, doing just as the LORD had commanded Moses."


Okay... So, now what am I supposed to think? That's the second reference to someone laying hands on someone else, and the someone else receiving a gift of the Spirit.

Huh...

Guess I've got some more searching and praying to do! I'll let you know what I find! :-P LOL

No comments: