Thursday, April 27, 2006

Surrender All

In my Sunday School class, this past Sunday, a friend said something pretty profound ...

"If you're struggling, it's because you're not completely surrendered to God."


Whoa. I am *constantly* struggling, and surrender is one of the things I have such a hard time with. I want to be the one in control. I want to make things go my way. But, it rarely happens like that, anyway.

"In his heart a man plans his course,
but the Lord determines his steps."
~ Proverbs 16:9


Surrender is a hard lesson to learn, but it's an important one. Without surrender, we wander aimlessly, wondering how to get out of this problem or that, and yet God is patiently waiting for us to turn to Him, hand over the keys, and say, "Okay. You're right. I can't do this. YOU drive!"

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and
lean NOT on your OWN understanding.
In all your ways, acknowledge Him, and He
will make your paths straight."

~ Proverbs 3:5,6

No comments: